A leading global financial institution and services company, providing a broad range of innovation and collaborative solutions for cultivating environments and driving technology focused applications, resources and products in digitizing workflows and new strategies for their markets and clients.
Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
The Entitlements Platform team is responsible for protecting the firm against the risks associated with both over-privilege and under-privilege and builds the required logical security controls which facilitate the firm’s mandatory adherence to regulatory and compliance policies.
We help the firm manage the security risks associated with identity and privilege by providing products that can easily be integrated by the firm’s other software engineers; as well as offering management tools to approve, recertify and report on staff privileges.
We are looking for software engineers who want to build robust control solutions and who understand the need for platforms that can achieve leverage across the enterprise. As a software engineer on the team you will build applications, libraries and services to manage the lifecycle of application privileges; provide externalized authorization capabilities; and allow secure, auditable access to the firm’s technology production environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both in writing and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
- Proficiency in designing, developing and testing cross-platform software
- Solid experience of version control, continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools
- The ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
- Strong core and server-side Java software development experience (Java 8 or higher)
- Experience implementing REST APIs and microservice architecture
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a high-paced environment with tight deadlines
- A grounding in identity and privilege management concepts, including relationships between employee and privilege lifecycle, authorization vs. authentication, and segregation of duties
- Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL databases, database design principles and object-relational mapping frameworks