A leading Atlanta-based organization, specializing in Commercial Refrigeration, HVAC/R, Electrical, and Appliances Contractor for national client accounts in retail, commercial and industrial markets in the Southeast United States. Our customers are the premier brands in the food, beverage, and biomedical industries, and they count on us as their one-call solution for keeping their facilities, plants, and equipment up-and-running 24/7.
The Technical Recruiter specialist is responsible for the support and execution of the full cycle recruitment strategy, ensuring talent pipeline and progress aligns with the business scale and needs. The individual will drive all recruiting efforts, including sourcing, pre-screening, assessment calibration, background and substance screening checks, offer generation and onboarding support. The successful candidate will also oversee and foster relationships with trade and craft schools, attend recruitment events (job fairs and trade shows) and manage other partnerships to create innovative talent development channels.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Screening and interviewing candidates in person and via phone, email, and text; managing an applicant tracking system
- Sourcing candidates through a variety of methods – researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, career sites, social media, company vendors, professional organizations, career fairs, and by maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Researching recruiting practices to find innovative and creative talent acquisition solutions on a continual basis
- Attending and managing company’s career fair presence
- Informing candidates about benefits, payroll, and policies & procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2+ years of recruiting and sourcing experience for non-exempt and exempt level positions
- Experience working and managing an ATS platform
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention-to-detail, ability to multitask
- Utilization of social media as a recruiting and recruitment branding tool
- Strong oral and written communication skills.Experience within the HVAC/R, construction, field service or skilled trades industries is a plus
- Knowledge of basic HR laws and regulations as they pertain to the hiring process is strongly preferred
- Willingness for occasional travel (i.e. Site visits, conferences and trade shows, recruiting events, etc.)
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency in a fast paced work environment
- Comfortable working independently and in a team setting
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, strong Word and Excel
Who You Are:
- Challenging situations don’t discourage you. They motivate you to find a solution.
- You are excellent at relationships. People listen to you and trust your guidance.
- You have a proven track record of success, generating and maintaining an active candidate pipeline to fill technical positions.
- You have an outgoing personality and are comfortable recruiting in the field.
- You are competitive and like to win.